We’re pleased to say that we pushed out a new beta version. Please note that this client is needed to reconnect to the messenger.
For the preparation of the open beta we fixed some issues and did some improvements. This is still our main focus, so big features are not included.
Edit: In case you can not add a user to contacts or rooms. Make sure the target user has beta68 already. He does not have any chat account till beta 68 creates one for him on the new system.
- Changed the number of giphy attachments that can be sent to 1 at a time
- Added information about file transfer quota usage to server, channel and clients
- Added new configuration options for server edit on newer server versions
- Added a note about file size limit when using drag and drop
- Added indicator when chat connection is offline
- Added sent message history and allow scrolling through them via Up/Down arrow keys
- Added a warning when attempting to close the client while file transfers are still running
- Added a typing indicator when people type in chat
- Fixed room discovery not updating correctly
- Fixed bookmarks using the wrong name in some cases
- Fixed not being able to read encrypted chats after using fallback on your account
- Fixed potential crash starting the client
- Fixed bookmark icons being gone after client restart
- Fixed not being able to set server avatar in some scenarios
- Fixed download of 0 byte files
- Fixed unread count in channel chat
- Fixed non-ascii characters not displaying correctly when used as a hotkey
- Fixed some styling being incorrectly applied to buttons
- Fixed crash when closing the client while file transfers are still active
- Improved file transfer error messages in case of system errors
- Improved encryption handling for chats
- Feedback as per always is welcome in this thread . Issues that are not related to this update belong to it’s own thread.
- We suggest to place your wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads in the suggestion area instead of the release thread. We mention this because each update post will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion could be lost.
- We allow ourselves to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.